Traveling in your 1st and 2nd year

When you travel outside the country, you should always have your passport, visa and signed DS-2019 with you at all times (and leave a copy with your host parents).

Cultural Care recommends NOT to leave the country when you have 6 or less weeks left on your visa as it’s too risky (you might not be allowed back into the US).

If you plan on leaving the country in your extension year, always call Cultural Care first because it’s a bit more complicated in your 2nd year.

Traveling in your 1st year

Traveling in your 2nd year

Tuesday, 7 March 2017 7:39 AM


Leave a reply